History

• 1937: The foundation, at Timisoara, of the "Circle for the Encouragement of Welding"

• 1952: The foundation of Welding Department within the Technical University from Timisoara (the first Department Chief: Corneliu Miklosi, Academician)

• 1954: The foundation of the Welding Department (the first Department Chief: Corneliu Miklosi, Academician) and of the Materials Resistance Department (the first Section Chief: Stefan Nadasan, Academician), within the Scientific Research Base from Timisoara of the Romanian Academy

• 1970: The foundation in Timisoara of the Institute of Welding and Material Testing - ISIM (founding director: Traian Salagean, Academician)

• 1974: Transformation of CSIO Timisoara in Institute of Welding and Material Testing ISIM - Timisoara (director: Academician Traian Salagean)

• 1990: The foundation of the Romanian Welding Society (ASR)